Gnostic Christianity’s hidden in plain sight secret. We must do evil.

Discuss atheism, religious apologetics, separation of church & state, theology, comparative religion and scripture.
Greatest I am

Post by Greatest I am » Fri Jan 26, 2018 6:05 pm

Given evolution and evil, is the Gnostic Christian myth more intelligent than the Christian myth?
The Gnostic Christian myth explains evil quite nicely as compared to what Christianity has produced.

Doing evil must have conscious volition. In law, they call that idea, mens rea. It is the cornerstone of secular and religious law and shows guilt and the knowledge that one is doing evil to another. When present, that is the only time sin can be applied to mankind.

Gnostic Christians posit an evil God, Yahweh, because of his creation of the evolutionary system in place. This system forces us to do evil to others when we win competitions. We must compete to survive and thrive. We must do evil and that is why we see Yahweh as evil. In a more modern sense, not so much evil as a necessary evil. In the Gnostic Christian view, this allows hope that there is another God above Yahweh that might have a better system that excludes that evil. Yahweh then is just our idea of a system we do not like for it’s evils, and we actually hope to be wrong in our evaluation of reality.

Do you recognize that you must do evil to survive and that the Gnostic Christian myth is a better way to explain evil than the Christian myth does?

Regards
DL
God is a cosmic consciousness .
Telepathy the key.
Our next evolution. No choice.

dancer_rnb

Post by dancer_rnb » Fri Jan 26, 2018 11:43 pm

We can also cooperate. We are much more social than some other animals.
There is no such thing as "politically correct." It's code for liberalism. The whole idea of "political correctness" was a brief academic flash-in-the-pan in the early 1990's, but has been a good conservative bugaboo ever since.

Greatest I am

Post by Greatest I am » Sat Jan 27, 2018 12:26 pm

[quote=""dancer_rnb""]We can also cooperate. We are much more social than some other animals.[/quote]

Indeed. To a point that baffles the researchers. It is almost unnatural.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_ADgh3yCSdM

We may be too nice and that might be adding to our problems as we do not correct each other enough due to not wanting to hurt someone's feelings.

I do not go to that extreme and suffer the consequences when correcting those who do not want to be corrected.

Regards
DL
Telepathy the key.

dancer_rnb

Post by dancer_rnb » Sat Jan 27, 2018 5:35 pm

We are only one species. It is a mistake to generalize ourselves to describe life, or the universe.
I think all life has adapted to the existing universe, and come up with different solutions on how to survive.
There is no such thing as "politically correct." It's code for liberalism. The whole idea of "political correctness" was a brief academic flash-in-the-pan in the early 1990's, but has been a good conservative bugaboo ever since.

Greatest I am

Post by Greatest I am » Sun Jan 28, 2018 3:08 pm

[quote=""dancer_rnb""]We are only one species. It is a mistake to generalize ourselves to describe life, or the universe.
I think all life has adapted to the existing universe, and come up with different solutions on how to survive.[/quote]

Really.

What other system do you see that is not like the evolution we are in with cooperation and competition?

I see no other but am open to look at whatever you have seen.

Regards
DL
Telepathy the key.

dancer_rnb

Post by dancer_rnb » Sun Jan 28, 2018 6:48 pm

I'm probably not explaining myself well.

There is no good or evil outside of our interpretation of it. The universe just is. Evolution just is. Both are mindless and uncaring.

Greatest I am

Post by Greatest I am » Sun Jan 28, 2018 10:34 pm

[quote=""dancer_rnb""]I'm probably not explaining myself well.

There is no good or evil outside of our interpretation of it. The universe just is. Evolution just is. Both are mindless and uncaring.[/quote]

I agree that the concepts of good and evil are a part of how we subjectively view life.

I also agree with your last.

None of that takes anything away from the O.P.

Winners of our competitions will see their win as good.
Losers to our competition will see their lose as evil.

Right?

Regards
DL
Telepathy the key.

dancer_rnb

Post by dancer_rnb » Sun Jan 28, 2018 10:59 pm

Gods, good or evil, are an unnecessary complication.

Is it evil to settle in a land of hurricanes, or earthquakes? Or just maybe unwise?

Greatest I am

Post by Greatest I am » Mon Jan 29, 2018 2:50 pm

[quote=""dancer_rnb""]
Gods, good or evil, are an unnecessary complication.
A good God would be a good teacher and the world sorrowfully needs a good moral teacher.
Is it evil to settle in a land of hurricanes, or earthquakes? Or just maybe unwise?
[/quote]

I cannot say without knowing the options.

Thanks for the chat.

Regards
DL
Telepathy the key.

BWE

Post by BWE » Fri Feb 02, 2018 11:15 pm

Is this how you justify bigotry?

Greatest I am

Post by Greatest I am » Sun Feb 11, 2018 6:13 pm

[quote=""BWE""]Is this how you justify bigotry?[/quote]

Basically, yes.

How do you explain or justify it?

Do you not know that when you create a positive bias for something, you automatically create a negative bias for the opposing view?

Regards
DL
Telepathy the key.

dancer_rnb

Post by dancer_rnb » Sun Feb 11, 2018 7:50 pm

[quote=""Greatest I am""]
A good God would be a good teacher and the world sorrowfully needs a good moral teacher.

[/quote]

This sounds an awful lot like "Since god doesn't exist we need to invent him", to mangle a saying.

Greatest I am

Post by Greatest I am » Sun Feb 11, 2018 10:25 pm

[quote=""dancer_rnb""]
Greatest I am;683267 wrote: A good God would be a good teacher and the world sorrowfully needs a good moral teacher.

This sounds an awful lot like "Since god doesn't exist we need to invent him", to mangle a saying.[/QUOTE]

We have a plethora of Gods. We do not need more. We need less immoral ones and more moral ones.

The way they used to defined and used the word "God" in ancient days was a lot more interesting and sane from what literalists define that world like today.

The religious have regressed instead of progressed but that is ok as secular forces now rule us and not fantasy Gods.

http://bigthink.com/videos/what-is-god-2-2

Regards
DL
Telepathy the key.

plebian

Post by plebian » Sun Feb 11, 2018 10:58 pm

BWE;683404 wrote:Is this how you justify bigotry?
Basically, yes.

Do you not know that when you create a positive bias for something, you automatically create a negative bias for the opposing view?

Regards
DL[/QUOTE]

So your racism/stereotyping is justified by your religion. Hmm. How shockingly unique.

Greatest I am

Post by Greatest I am » Mon Feb 12, 2018 12:08 am

[quote=""plebian""]
Greatest I am;683606 wrote:
Basically, yes.

Regards
DL
So your racism/stereotyping is justified by your religion. Hmm. How shockingly unique.[/QUOTE]

Eh, by my beliefs and not what my religion dictates. I tell it what to dictate. It does not tell me.

What justifies what I hate is determined by what I love.

That love bias, as I stated, is also what created the hate bias for whatever goes against that love.

What do you think of the stereotyping that I have my religion preaching?

Both Christianity and Islam, slave holding ideologies, have basically developed into intolerant, homophobic and misogynous religions. Both religions have grown themselves by the sword instead of good deeds and continue with their immoral ways in spite of secular law showing them the moral ways.

Jesus said we would know his people by their works and deeds. That means Jesus would not recognize Christians and Muslims as his people, and neither do I. Jesus would call Christianity and Islam abominations.

Gnostic Christians did in the past, and I am proudly continuing that tradition and honest irrefutable evaluation based on morality.

https://topdocumentaryfilms.com/theft-values/

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZxoxPapPxXk

Humanity centered religions, good. Yes.

Supernaturally based religions, evil? Yes.

Do you agree.

Regards
DL
Telepathy the key.

Jobar

Post by Jobar » Mon Feb 12, 2018 3:56 am

GIA, you should read a thread I started in 2015- Evilution. It's about a science fiction story, Judgment Engine, by writer Greg Bear.
Obviously Bear's story is meant as an explication of the philosophical/theological/ethical consequences of Dawin's Theory of Evolution. And in Bear's view, the 'Proof', the ToE, is totally incompatible with the Christian/Abrahamic vision of ultimate justice, goodness, and perfection. Any universe which features change and growth must contain evil, waste, suffering; indeed, any conceivable mode of existence must do so.

Greatest I am

Post by Greatest I am » Mon Feb 12, 2018 7:32 pm

[quote=""Jobar""]GIA, you should read a thread I started in 2015- Evilution. It's about a science fiction story, Judgment Engine, by writer Greg Bear.
Obviously Bear's story is meant as an explication of the philosophical/theological/ethical consequences of Dawin's Theory of Evolution. And in Bear's view, the 'Proof', the ToE, is totally incompatible with the Christian/Abrahamic vision of ultimate justice, goodness, and perfection. Any universe which features change and growth must contain evil, waste, suffering; indeed, any conceivable mode of existence must do so.
[/quote]

Thanks for this, which I agree with.

Christianity is not compatible with science at all and that is why they end in following a genocidal son murderer for their twisted morals.

Evolution forces us to do evil. I am pleased though that we do a lot more good than evil.

That is not what religions preach as there is no money in good news. Bad news brings in more cash.

I will look up Mr. Bear.

Regards
DL
Telepathy the key.

plebian

Post by plebian » Wed Feb 14, 2018 6:56 pm

plebian;683613 wrote:
Basically, yes.

Regards
DL
So your racism/stereotyping is justified by your religion. Hmm. How shockingly unique.
Eh, by my beliefs and not what my religion dictates. I tell it what to dictate. It does not tell me.

That love bias, as I stated, is also what created the hate bias for whatever goes against that love.

Both Christianity and Islam, slave holding ideologies, have basically developed into intolerant, homophobic and misogynous religions. Both religions have grown themselves by the sword instead of good deeds and continue with their immoral ways in spite of secular law showing them the moral ways.

Jesus said we would know his people by their works and deeds. That means Jesus would not recognize Christians and Muslims as his people, and neither do I. Jesus would call Christianity and Islam abominations.

Gnostic Christians did in the past, and I am proudly continuing that tradition and honest irrefutable evaluation based on morality.

Do you agree.

Regards
DL[/QUOTE]
I hate to be trite here, but two wrongs don't make a right.

Greatest I am

Post by Greatest I am » Thu Feb 15, 2018 2:24 am

[quote=""plebian""]
Greatest I am;683615 wrote:
plebian;683613 wrote:
Basically, yes.

Regards
DL

Do you agree.

Regards
DL
I hate to be trite here, but two wrongs don't make a right.[/QUOTE]

I have no idea of what you are talking about. :d unno:

Regards
DL
Telepathy the key.

plebian

Post by plebian » Thu Feb 15, 2018 10:25 pm