Rape and incest happen by the will of God

For discussion of all aspects of human rights
DMB

Rape and incest happen by the will of God

Post by DMB » Fri Mar 24, 2017 7:15 pm

JamesBannon

Post by JamesBannon » Fri Mar 24, 2017 7:22 pm

Why do people elect such fuckwits? Jeez! If a politician said that here, he'd be lucky to escape with his head still on his shoulders.
There you go with them negative waves ... Why can't you say something righteous and beautiful for a change? :grouphug:

DMB

Post by DMB » Fri Mar 24, 2017 7:46 pm

[quote=""JamesBannon""]Why do people elect such fuckwits? Jeez! If a politician said that here, he'd be lucky to escape with his head still on his shoulders.[/quote]

I think the difference is that on average people in the UK are a lot less religious than those in the USA. How many modern UK politicians could get away with citing God when trying to get support for any sort of legislation, even if that is their real motivation?

We still have lots of fuckwits; it's just that they have a different sort of protective coloration.

MattShizzle

Post by MattShizzle » Fri Mar 24, 2017 8:34 pm

Oklahoma is one of the most backwards states.

Ozymandias

Post by Ozymandias » Thu Mar 30, 2017 9:26 am

It is surprising he can get away with it even in Oklahoma though, given that his claim is so unbiblical. It sounds more like something an (ignorant) atheist would say.

DMB

Post by DMB » Thu Mar 30, 2017 12:59 pm

[quote=""Ozymandias""]It is surprising he can get away with it even in Oklahoma though, given that his claim is so unbiblical. It sounds more like something an (ignorant) atheist would say.[/quote]

I don't think an atheist (ignorant or otherwise) would cite God.

Jackrabbit

Post by Jackrabbit » Thu Mar 30, 2017 2:55 pm

Why wouldn't the cartoon god deliberately cause rape and incest just for the fun of it? He's already an incredible asshole in pretty much every other way. If I was a woman and had a choice between being raped and being burned for trillions of years just for not believing silly, incomprehensible shit...

Oh, wait, goddy-poo would do both. Never mind.
Moe: "Why don't you get a toupee with some brains in it?" <whack!>

Ozymandias

Post by Ozymandias » Thu Mar 30, 2017 3:45 pm

[quote=""DMB""]
I don't think an atheist (ignorant or otherwise) would cite God.[/quote]

What? Of course they do. And rightly so. In order to test a hypothesis, one must first (temporarily) act as if the hypothesis is correct and ask what conclusions result.

In fact, Jackrabbit just did exactly that:

[quote=""Jackrabbit""]Why wouldn't the cartoon god deliberately cause rape and incest just for the fun of it? He's already an incredible asshole in pretty much every other way. If I was a woman and had a choice between being raped and being burned for trillions of years just for not believing silly, incomprehensible shit...
[/quote]

dancer_rnb

Post by dancer_rnb » Fri Mar 31, 2017 12:47 am

[quote=""Ozymandias""]It is surprising he can get away with it even in Oklahoma though, given that his claim is so unbiblical. It sounds more like something an (ignorant) atheist would say.[/quote]

Sounds like a lot of fundamentalist Xtians. Remember how they always say God is going to strike down people for their behavior. Fortunately God has very bad aim (at least for his targets.)

-And a lightning bolt fell down from the sky and stuck the nun, and killed her.
A great voice came from the sky "God damn it, missed."
There is no such thing as "politically correct." It's code for liberalism. The whole idea of "political correctness" was a brief academic flash-in-the-pan in the early 1990's, but has been a good conservative bugaboo ever since.

Eldarion Lathria

Post by Eldarion Lathria » Sun Apr 02, 2017 2:23 am

By God's will then? Then he's the one who ought to hang for it.

Eldarion Lathria
And Terra's Rainbow Banner flew over Terra's Victory

Jackrabbit

Post by Jackrabbit » Sun May 07, 2017 12:37 pm

Late comment: why would anybody hang for it? It's god's will, so it was supposed to happen. The perps are just doing their duty.

Why don't we drop all laws and enforcement thereof? Whatever happens is god's will, so why should puny mankind try to cirumvent it?

Goddy-poo apparently wants murder, mayhem, destruction, and thievery to occur minute by minute across the globe, so we all need to do our part. He claims we are to be good to our fellow man, but obviously doesn't really care.

And those who perform these actions, many of whom claim to be religious, don't care either.

The idea of "forgiveness" is probably the most ludicrous concept in the biblebanger gag. "Do whatever you want to whoever you want, then ask for forgiveness by telling me how cool I am. Repeat daily your entire life."

The bangers even acknowledge this shit with their mantra: "I'm not perfect, just forgiven."
Moe: "Why don't you get a toupee with some brains in it?" <whack!>

justme

Post by justme » Sat Jun 24, 2017 2:43 pm

I've read the Bible and am in the process of doing so again and I have no clue what this person is talking about.