Thailand: River People

For books, music, movies, TV shows, etc.
Grendel

Thailand: River People

Post by Grendel » Mon Oct 09, 2017 4:31 am

A relaxation video I made.

(Not loaded: mQx2OYoRjIU)
(View video on YouTube)

Grendel

Post by Grendel » Mon Oct 09, 2017 4:33 am

Took my grandson to the Drag races. Heheee

(Not loaded: am-Ge5paIXs)
(View video on YouTube)

Grendel

Post by Grendel » Mon Oct 09, 2017 4:36 am

Tori Johnston died as he tried to protect others from a 'terrorist' attack. He's a hero down-under. I accidently found his ashes.

(Not loaded: 0ofRucxIlzI)
(View video on YouTube)

Grendel

Post by Grendel » Mon Oct 09, 2017 4:42 am

Had a huge party up here recently. Ostensibly for my grandaughter ... but it bacame bigger than that. I turned my main lounge (main hall in the USA) into a dancehall.

This is not the party, just the rehearsal setup

(Not loaded: 3akkW6Lh2o8)
(View video on YouTube)

Aupmanyav

Post by Aupmanyav » Mon Oct 09, 2017 1:18 pm

Liked eagle, deserts, and of cousre, your beautiful grand daughter.

Son (Amitabh) gives a song performance in Zurich.
https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?f...5544060&type=3
'Sarve khalu idam Brahma'
All things here are Brahman (physical energy).

Grendel

Post by Grendel » Tue Oct 10, 2017 2:06 am

:) Thanx for those kind remarks Aup. However the link you gave is unavailable. Your son probably has it restricted to FB friends only.

Copernicus

Post by Copernicus » Wed Oct 11, 2017 10:24 pm

Where was the film in the OP made? My wife and I will spend a couple of days in Bangkok in December.

Aupmanyav

Post by Aupmanyav » Thu Oct 12, 2017 2:49 am

Grendel, my son came from Zurich at 2 am and left for Mumbai at 7 am. I will ask him to make the change when he comes back today.
'Sarve khalu idam Brahma'
All things here are Brahman (physical energy).

Copernicus

Post by Copernicus » Thu Oct 12, 2017 3:35 am

I believe that the link was broken by the replacement of an ellipsis ("...") inside the url. You need to copy a full link, not an truncated one.

Grendel

Post by Grendel » Thu Oct 12, 2017 11:14 pm

[quote=""Copernicus""]Where was the film in the OP made? My wife and I will spend a couple of days in Bangkok in December.[/quote]

If you're referring to the River People, then from Bangkok take a private taxi (chartered Limo taxi) cost about $30 US, perhaps less, North for 80kms. To the former capital, Ayutthaya. You can find guest houses along the river for about $20 US per nite.

I will try to find a link for you. Ayutthaya is a fabulous place, probably the equal of Ankor Wat. The river, Chao Phrays flows from the North thru Ayutthaya, down thru Bangkok, and into the Gulf of Siam. Tugs and barges are all along the way.

👍

Copernicus

Post by Copernicus » Fri Oct 13, 2017 12:43 am

[quote=""Grendel""]
Copernicus;678087 wrote:Where was the film in the OP made? My wife and I will spend a couple of days in Bangkok in December.
If you're referring to the River People, then from Bangkok take a private taxi (chartered Limo taxi) cost about $30 US, perhaps less, North for 80kms. To the former capital, Ayutthaya. You can find guest houses along the river for about $20 US per nite.

I will try to find a link for you. Ayutthaya is a fabulous place, probably the equal of Ankor Wat. The river, Chao Phrays flows from the North thru Ayutthaya, down thru Bangkok, and into the Gulf of Siam. Tugs and barges are all along the way.

��[/QUOTE]
Thanks. Ayutthaya is already on our bucket list, but we were thinking that we didn't have enough time to manage it on this trip. We'll be on a cruise ship that docks in Bangkok for two nights, and we do plan to take at least the transport boats that go up the river to the markets. We had thought mainly to take the train up to Ayutthaya, when we do it.

Grendel

Post by Grendel » Fri Oct 13, 2017 1:51 am

If you only have 2 days I wouldn't train it to Ayutthaya. You can hire an airconditioned limo-taxi up and back in a day for about 100 bucks, maybe less.

He will wait while you tour the ruins which dominate the modern buildings. Ayutthaya is a town that's rebuilt inside the ruins of the original capital. There are tok-tok guides clawing at you from the moment you set foot on the ground.

You can tour the whole city and be back in Bangkok by nightfall by chartered vehicle. I don't think you can do that by train, especially if it's your first time in Thailand.

This is video I made of the street food ... which surpasses all other cuisines in the world!

(Not loaded: iuF0XUnEmBg)
(View video on YouTube)

😊

Grendel

Post by Grendel » Fri Oct 13, 2017 2:09 am

[quote=""Copernicus""]I believe that the link was broken by the replacement of an ellipsis ("...") inside the url. You need to copy a full link, not an truncated one.[/quote]

This is the message I get Aup

The page you requested cannot be displayed right now. It may be temporarily unavailable, the link you clicked on may be broken or expired, or you may not have permission to view this page.