The Creative Writing Thread

For books, music, movies, TV shows, etc.
Rie

Post by Rie » Thu Apr 07, 2016 5:24 am

life goes on
and we do
have a say in
which direction
it goes.
For better or worse
it's alwaysbeen
about that choice
on any level
"You understand?" said Ponder
"No. I was just hoping that if I didn't say anything you'd stop trying to explain things to me." - Terry Pratchett, The Last Hero

Rie

Post by Rie » Mon Apr 11, 2016 11:40 pm

And I will
go down with
the good ship
Secular cafe
should that moment
occur.
"No. I was just hoping that if I didn't say anything you'd stop trying to explain things to me." - Terry Pratchett, The Last Hero

Rie

Post by Rie » Thu Apr 14, 2016 1:05 am

Just now
the fancy takes me
to ride a horse
whilst out and about.
Pity we can't pack
a gun here in OZ

Rie

Post by Rie » Thu Apr 14, 2016 9:51 am

And as I clop along
I think of what
my horse does think
..'snort, huh I dream
of free pastures
and no humans
in sight'.

Rie

Post by Rie » Sun Apr 17, 2016 8:18 am

The feeling in
the town is edgy
and money has become
more important
and those who can afford
it have gone to the beach
house..I like
the silence and am so glad
of having sown the seed
of love in my children.

Rie

Post by Rie » Tue Apr 19, 2016 6:21 am

With divorce life becomes a mixture of regret and hope... I find it interesting just how many married men are on the hunt however.
Hopefully marriage will become a thing of the past.

Rie

Post by Rie » Thu Apr 21, 2016 1:54 am

I'm left handed
and I just don't care
as I can think laterally
and am in good company
..so there.

Rie

Post by Rie » Sun Apr 24, 2016 1:18 am

OH that song
from Tanita Tikaram!
This is private stuff
but worth a risk
as like some woman
I had my 'toyboy'
with whom I bit off more than
I bargained for
and he loved me singing it.

Rie

Post by Rie » Thu Apr 28, 2016 4:02 am

Time doesn't stop
for memories
he lived close to
the edge of a split personality
and danger stalked him
'bye Jesse

Rie

Post by Rie » Sat May 07, 2016 1:07 am

Being different
as a woman
and understanding
BIG words is
a cross of another kind
to carry...
but , hey, men are men
for all that and
I loved the man
who loved me.

Rie

Post by Rie » Tue May 10, 2016 7:30 am

It used to be fun... the net that is or was :d unno: but over excessive protection tactics are absolutely ensuring the demise of the net....oh thereare hackers etc. out there but my view is a practical one... That's LIFE and always has been a risk taking endeavour.

Simply put... where money is involved anywhere along the line accompanied, by its good friend GREED, then the one with money invested will always win.

No use being earnest about the state of mankind for it was ever thus :chill:

Just calm yourself internally and mate! YOU win. :D

Rie

Post by Rie » Thu May 12, 2016 9:16 am

Mind you Chill Pills aren't as harmless as they seem...Just saying.

Hey it's good to see another woman on the Forum!

Rie

Post by Rie » Fri May 13, 2016 3:21 am

Ooooh dear! Well I am supportive of the middle way. Er, to a certain degree.

Rie

Post by Rie » Fri May 13, 2016 3:24 am

Short and snappy
once were my posts
peoples thought they
were haiku.
Nope, I thought haiku
had to be eaten
with aplomb
and with chopsticks

lpetrich

Post by lpetrich » Sun May 15, 2016 11:16 pm

Contact across the Solar System

My George Adamski fanfic about what his alleged ET buddies had been doing since their contacts with him. It was such an interesting premise that I couldn't help but work it out, complete with retconning GA's notions into the present-day understanding of the Solar System.

A successor of my earlier Tunguska and the Titanic

Rie

This is a REPLY

Post by Rie » Mon May 16, 2016 12:36 am

Ippy? I am still firmly of the opinion that we should concentrate on going inwards... the centre of our planet.... why shoot for the stars?

Rie

Post by Rie » Mon May 16, 2016 12:38 am

Got to go and have a CT scan.. they obviously want to explore my grey cells to see , if possible, the why of my encroyable intelligence.
Last edited by Rie on Mon May 16, 2016 12:46 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: obvious

lpetrich

Post by lpetrich » Mon May 16, 2016 5:08 pm

[quote=""Rie""]Ippy? I am still firmly of the opinion that we should concentrate on going inwards... the centre of our planet.... why shoot for the stars?[/quote]
Except that it's been done, and it gets very difficult very quickly. It's very hot down there, and the material is under a lot of pressure from the material above. It's a lot of rock, then a lot of iron-nickel.

The deepest mines are (Wikipedia)TauTona Mine (3.9 km, 2.4 mi) and (Wikipedia)Mponeng Gold Mine (around 4 km, 2.5 mi), both gold mines in South Africa. The deepest hole drilled is the (Wikipedia)Kola Superdeep Borehole (12 km, 7.5 mi) in Russia.

Rie

Post by Rie » Tue May 17, 2016 12:47 am

So? We've never let the so called impossible stop us before. We have heat protective everything, microwave ovens ,Teflon... and I am not aware Ippy of the when of it has been done before? Enlighten me.

Rie

Post by Rie » Tue May 17, 2016 12:50 am

I worked in a huge museum and because we in Australia are in places on a fault line the whole building shook violently for a minute or two...All Australians know of the fault lines.

Rie

Post by Rie » Tue May 17, 2016 12:58 am

Rie

OH no... not the 30 secs check . Ippy why?

Post by Rie » Tue May 17, 2016 12:59 am

(Not loaded: jE49GUrWvPM)
(View video on YouTube)...well Iwas talking about mirrors... and anyway 2 for the price of 1 isn't bad

Rie

John Keats 'Ode to a Nightingale'

Post by Rie » Tue May 17, 2016 1:36 am

Rie

Post by Rie » Tue May 17, 2016 1:38 am

someone mentioned Hades and I went on poetic alert for the great poem by John Keats which dwells on Lethe(Not loaded: 2Wa7Job-tRw)
(View video on YouTube)

lpetrich

Post by lpetrich » Tue May 17, 2016 8:14 pm

Wattpad apparently makes you register before you can read my story. I'll be using another solution, but it will take a bit of time.

In the meantime, check out these tidbits from it:

These two ladies come from colony cities elsewhere in the Solar System:
Spring turned into summer, and with it came thunderstorms. On an afternoon when they were both home, there was a big one. Kalna was rather scared of its lightning and thunder but Ilmuth was curious enough to watch it. Kalna noticed Ilmuth's seeming fearlessness and Kalna cautiously stepped forward to join Ilmuth. Ilmuth telepathically sensed Kalna's fearfulness and put out a hand. Kalna grasped it and went to Ilmuth's side. Ilmuth put an arm around Kalna and Kalna did likewise with Ilmuth. The two watched the storm together, sitting on a porch, wearing thrift-shop summer dresses and sandals.
UFO pilots riding an Amtrak Acela train:
The train departed from the station, going slowly at first, then faster and faster. It went through DC and its suburbs, and into some forest.
Zuhl said "This looks like the biggest garden I've ever seen."
The others kept themselves from laughing, but Zuhl said "It's OK. I've seen a lot of it from the air, but it was so overwhelming seeing it from the surface, and being right next to it."

Orthon noted "The ride is incredibly smooth. It's like you're flying at ground level. I almost can't believe that this is a wheeled vehicle."
Kalna pointed to some tracks outside one of the windows. "That's what we are riding on", she said.
Orthon looked at them and noticed their great smoothness and straightness. "Yeah", he said about them. "I don't think that our scouts' safety systems will let them go this fast this close to the ground. That's not an experiment that I've been eager to try, however."

Ilmuth played with a GPS device. "It does both English and metric," she said about it. After reading off the train's speed, she said "Thanks, Kalna, for accepting that purchase."
Kalna responded "No problem. You have great taste."
"I thought about getting a big pile of fancy dresses and designer jeans. Naaah, only kidding. Designer jeans are just plain silly. I checked them out once, and they didn't seem very different from ordinary jeans."
"That would have blown our budget for sure," said Kalna, laughing.
I explain in the story that these characters are all human and how they got into their cities.