Allow me to introduce myself. I want to share a discovering with everyone.

Welcome to the Secular Café! Say hello and introduce yourself!
Gabriel Gnosi

Allow me to introduce myself. I want to share a discovering with everyone.

Post by Gabriel Gnosi » Sun Mar 26, 2017 8:55 pm

Hello, guys.

I am new to the forums and would like to introduce myself.

I'm a religious researcher.

I recently finished writing a book regarding religious matters, with a huge potential to cause a stir, and since I know that due to my proposal I will be attacked by fundamentalist zealots and blind believers, I'm working on building contacts with open minded people who could support me in this enterprise.

I’ll be honest with you, I’m not exactly an atheist. The reason why I’m here is because I do prefer an honest atheist than a hypocrite believer. It is impossible to argue with blind believers when it is about questioning religious dogmas.

I'll later start a discussion about my book. I'm trying to get it published.
Keep in touch if you feel interested. I have plans to give away the book for free in places like this forum.
Thank you!

PS: I've read the RULES and I know about the advertising restrictions. I DID NOT COME HERE TO ADVERTISE NOR TO SELL ANYTHING!

DMB

Post by DMB » Sun Mar 26, 2017 9:13 pm

Hi! I guess the best thing is to start a whole lot of threads on issues that interest you.

Hermit

Post by Hermit » Sun Mar 26, 2017 9:26 pm

Hello, Gabriel Gnosi.

Your denial that you are not advertising anything would be more convincing, had you not copy-pasted the exact same missive in several other forums during the past few hours.

Just the same, discuss away. By a happy coincidence discussion is the main purpose of Secular Café. I for one am interested in hearing your proposal, though in true inductivist turkey style I am not all that confident that I will think of it as highly as you most likely are. But you could surprise me.

Old Woman in Purple

Post by Old Woman in Purple » Sun Mar 26, 2017 11:04 pm

Perhaps, as Hermit suggests as a possiblity, you're just throwing stuff against various walls & seeing where it sticks... Not necessarily an issue if you actually follow up and interact with us locals in good faith (so to speak :D ).

In the hopes the latter is indeed the case, Welcome to SC! :wave:

Tubby

Post by Tubby » Sun Mar 26, 2017 11:20 pm

[quote=""Gabriel Gnosi""]The reason why I’m here is because I do prefer an honest atheist than a hypocrite believer. It is impossible to argue with blind believers when it is about questioning religious dogmas.[/quote]

I have enjoyed listening to casual as well as formal debates posted at YouTube. Maybe one of the things you'll do here is to link to some discussions at YouTube that seem enlightening to you, if that something you are into.

Jobar

Post by Jobar » Sun Mar 26, 2017 11:50 pm

I recently finished writing a book regarding religious matters, with a huge potential to cause a stir, and since I know that due to my proposal I will be attacked by fundamentalist zealots and blind believers
Mmmm, o-kay. Tell us the name of your book, and state your proposal as concisely and clearly as possible.

Abominable Intelligence

Post by Abominable Intelligence » Mon Mar 27, 2017 3:37 am

:p opcorn:

Aupmanyav

Post by Aupmanyav » Mon Mar 27, 2017 6:29 am

[quote=""Hermit""]Your denial that you are not advertising anything would be more convincing, had you not copy-pasted the exact same missive in several other forums during the past few hours.[/quote]Perhaps Gabriel will find his prophet somewhere else. This place does not seem to fit him. Hermit did it.
'Sarve khalu idam Brahma'
All things here are Brahman (physical energy).

Hermit

Post by Hermit » Mon Mar 27, 2017 10:16 am

[quote=""Aupmanyav""]
Hermit;667487 wrote:Your denial that you are not advertising anything would be more convincing, had you not copy-pasted the exact same missive in several other forums during the past few hours.
Perhaps Gabriel will find his prophet profit somewhere else.[/QUOTE]

ETA: And yeah, he's hit whywontgodhealamputees with the same copypasta now. At thinkatheist where he introduced himself with the same paste but under the name of Adrian Ferrer. In a subsequent post he announced slightly less cryptically
I`m the kind of religious researcher that started reading the Bible and got shocked with so much absurds performed by god, but instead of denying Christianism because of this, I searched for an explanation... and I found one... a very strong one.
I'm already not missing him, though following his antics does amuse me.

The Australian forum seems to have struck him off the membership list. Google no longer lists his contribution there.
Last edited by Hermit on Mon Mar 27, 2017 11:05 am, edited 3 times in total.

Aupmanyav

Post by Aupmanyav » Mon Mar 27, 2017 1:29 pm

It is the same thing, prophet, profit. Some get it, some don't. It is not guaranteed. ;)
'Sarve khalu idam Brahma'
All things here are Brahman (physical energy).