hello from...

Welcome to the Secular Café! Say hello and introduce yourself!
Shaka

Post by Shaka » Mon Feb 27, 2017 11:28 am

[quote=""Aupmanyav""]But we manage in spite of these problems and have done fairly well (one of the best rate of progress in the world, hovering around 7%).[/quote]

Sure and religious tourism still goes hard in India in-spite all the conflicts. Money can do wonders. I mean just look at Bosnia and Herzegovina - it is a Muslim country and yet it cashes a lot from Catholic religious tourists that visit Medjugorje where they believe virgin Mary doesn't play her usual hide-and-seek games.

Aupmanyav

Post by Aupmanyav » Mon Feb 27, 2017 2:47 pm

Just to inform you, more Indian go on foreign visit than foreigners coming to India.
2014 sttistics: Inbound 7.7 million, Outbound 18.3 million, i.e., 2.3 times than those coming in.
http://www.keepeek.com/Digital-Asset-Ma ... M8#page343, page 341
'Sarve khalu idam Brahma'
All things here are Brahman (physical energy).

Shaka

Post by Shaka » Fri Mar 03, 2017 12:00 pm

[quote=""Aupmanyav""]Just to inform you, more Indian go on foreign visit than foreigners coming to India.
2014 sttistics: Inbound 7.7 million, Outbound 18.3 million, i.e., 2.3 times than those coming in.
http://www.keepeek.com/Digital-Asset-Ma ... M8#page343, page 341[/quote]

Sure I do see them around when I travel. For instance I remember as a kid I went to Venice and on a freighter to there I remember seeing an woman from India that had rings on her toes - I found that so fascinating.

Also there are always gypsies around in Europe and they're from India.

Aupmanyav

Post by Aupmanyav » Fri Mar 03, 2017 1:43 pm

Toe ring, Bichhiya, haha. Sure married women wear it. Google search says:

"Indian women normally wear toe rings on the second toe. A particular nerve from this connects the uterus and passes to heart. Thus, a toe ring on this toe strengthens the uterus, keeping it healthy by regulating the blood flow to it. Moreover, a woman's menstrual cycle is said to be regularized."

It used to be a simple silver ring till fashion entered into it.

Kings could permit the wife of their valued minister to wear a gold one. Then, there is 'payal' on the ankles, rings on fingers of the hand, bangles on wrists, what is known as 'bajuband' above the elbow, 'kardhani' around the waise, with necklesses and 'kantha' around the throat, nose rings 'nathani', ear pendents 'jhumke', 'Tika' on the forehead. Kashmiris women will have pendent hanging on strings from the ear with a brush type extension at the end 'Dijharu/tharu'. That completed the adornment of a bride. A kilo or two of gold is never a surprise. Of course, it is for people who had money.

'Sarve khalu idam Brahma'
All things here are Brahman (physical energy).