Hello everyone...

Welcome to the Secular Café! Say hello and introduce yourself!
Ajay0

Hello everyone...

Post by Ajay0 » Wed Jan 11, 2017 8:08 am

Hi,

I am Ajay , and pleased to meet everyone over here. :)

I am interested in spirituality, psychology, philosophy, history and literature and hope to discuss the above here.

I believe that the quality of a person is dependent on the quality of his mind, and hence am interested in psychology and its applications in reforming the individual and society.

I also enjoy meeting people all over the world, and believe a central unity pervades all of existence , even though existence may look extremely diverse,different and disparate on the outside.

Regards to all. :)

DMB

Post by DMB » Wed Jan 11, 2017 8:35 am

Hello and welcome!

I'd be interested to know the process whereby you arrived at your beliefs.

Old Woman in Purple

Post by Old Woman in Purple » Wed Jan 11, 2017 4:43 pm

Greetings & Welcome, from the USmidwest! :wave:

Whereabouts (generally) are you?

Ajay0

Post by Ajay0 » Thu Jan 12, 2017 8:43 am

[quote=""DMB""]Hello and welcome! [/quote]

Thank you so much. :)

[quote=""DMB""]
I'd be interested to know the process whereby you arrived at your beliefs.[/quote]

I was an atheist-materialist to start with. I came across an enlightened master or a modern Buddha or Christ like sage. He was aged 34 at that time.

He told me that upon his enlightenment at 28, hitherto he began to see everything at its fundamental level as pure unitary consciousness.

This was what the ancient Hindu, Taoist and Sufi sages have stated and which I have read about as well, but did not properly comprehend it until I met this person, and heard it from him. Meditating in his presence, I had some experiences of the same though I could not keep it constant.

Meister Eckhart in the thirteenth century has also given out such a viewpoint.

In modern times, the likes of Ramana Maharshi, Nisargadatta Maharaj, H.W.Poonja, Eckhart Tolle, Jed Mckenna, Mooji, Adyashanti, Robert Adams, Jeff Foster have experienced the same as well, and validated the sayings of the ancient sages in this regard.

My understanding is that enlightenment is a sort of flowering of the human individual, and this has happened in different cultures all over the world, though it is a sort of rare phenomena.

Most religions were found around such enlightened masters , but came under the grip of fundamentalists and narrow minded people later on due to lack of precise understanding of the theory part, or process of enlightenment,imho.

It is this ignorance that has now lead to religion being a formulator of conflict, intense duality and disharmony in modern times instead of peace, unity and harmony which it was originally meant for.

I believe that all this can boil down to a precise science, theoretically speaking, which can help one to understand where one is erring, in terms of application and thus correct oneself , imho.
Last edited by Ajay0 on Thu Jan 12, 2017 9:53 am, edited 3 times in total.

Ajay0

Post by Ajay0 » Thu Jan 12, 2017 8:48 am

[quote=""Old Woman in Purple""]Greetings & Welcome, from the USmidwest! :wave:

Whereabouts (generally) are you?[/quote]

Thank you so much. :)

I am from the mass of earth's territory termed as India.

Jobar

Post by Jobar » Thu Jan 12, 2017 2:32 pm

Welcome! It'll be interesting to hear your ideas critiqued by Aupmanyav, another of our members who is also from India. And I have called myself an atheist/pantheist since before the Internet existed, so I too will have some contributions, I'm sure.

But we should discuss that sort of thing in the Philosophy forum, or Religion, instead of Introductions.

Ozymandias

Post by Ozymandias » Thu Jan 12, 2017 5:11 pm

[quote=""Ajay0""]
I believe that the quality of a person is dependent on the quality of his mind
[/quote]

How do you define "quality of mind"? For example, are you saying that thick people are inherently worthless? (I could get behind that philosophy.)

Rie

Post by Rie » Thu Jan 12, 2017 9:35 pm

Hello from an old poster... we do explore the mind whether some realise it or not...welcome :)
"You understand?" said Ponder
"No. I was just hoping that if I didn't say anything you'd stop trying to explain things to me." - Terry Pratchett, The Last Hero