I watch CNN
and for the first
time I know where
all the confused
and dangerous
countries are
So now I'm
Austrican

Last edited by Rie; 07 Aug 2017 at 08:09 AM. Reason: spellink I am now Austerican
Rie is offline   Reply With Quote top bottom
Old 10 Aug 2017, 04:38 AM   #675558 / #1606
lpetrich
Smart Designer
SysAdmin; Mod: LU&E, C&AS

The Great Bomb

What if someone else was watching us? What would they think of our nuclear bombs?

Inspired by George Adamski's part of the book "Flying Saucers Have Landed" and his subsequent book "Inside the Spaceships".

Also by Hiroshima and Nagasaki Bombing Timeline | Atomic Heritage Foundation - http://www.atomicheritage.org/histor...mbing-timeline and various other sources.

-

Kiridan and Taki put on their jumpsuits and got into their RV-sized flying-saucer scoutcraft aboard its huge cigar-shaped mothership Aurora, getting in for another observing run. It looked like the Americans were preparing to do what they had done almost three days earlier, drop a nuclear bomb on a Japanese city.

A few hours ago, some observers watched a large object being loaded into one of the Americans' big four-engine B-29 bomber airplanes, just as one was loaded three days earlier. They also saw the Americans getting some more such bombers ready to go. A small number, like 3 days earlier, and not a large number, like in the Americans' and other allies' massive bombings of their opponents' cities.

This episode of the war started nearly a month ago when some observers saw a bright flash in the United States southwest desert. When some observers visited the site, they discovered a crater at the flash site with sand fused to glass. When they brought some of it back for analysis, they discovered that it was radioactive and that it contained traces of plutonium. The Americans had exploded a nuclear bomb there.

Then three days ago, what seemed like an observation mission turned out to be dropping a nuclear bomb on Japan's city Hiroshima. It also produced a bright flash, and when observers reached the city, they saw devastation much like the devastation caused by some massive bombing raid. They took some samples and found radioactivity in them. Then the Americans' leader announced that his nation's armed forces had indeed dropped a nuclear bomb on Japan.

When Kiridan and Taki arrived at Tinian island, two bombers had already departed, "Enola Gay" and "Laggin' Dragon". They were not the one that had received the large object, however, one named "Bockscar". But Bockscar was being readied for departure, and the two saw that one depart. They decided to tail it, and when it reached its cruising altitude, they approached it. Some gamma rays came from it, evidence of radioactive materials. This was the one, and they slipped back about 30 kilometers to make themselves hard to see.

Two other bombers followed Bockscar, "The Great Artiste" and "Big Stink", and they maintained a sizable distance. Their crews were evidently trying to avoid getting too close to Bockscar, with its presumed cargo of a nuclear bomb.

Bockscar. Bock's vehicle. Freight container on wheels. What a cute name, Taki thought.

As Taki looked eastward, she saw Venus, looking like a bright star. Home sweet home. So it's clouded over with sulfuric-acid clouds and its surface is hotter than an oven and the people there have to live in enclosed colony cities, but it's still home.

The scout followed Bockscar, and a thin bluish line appeared on the eastern horizon and gradually grew and turned yellow, then orange. The sky above gradually turned blue, and the Sun appeared on the eastern horizon. Kiridan said "Got to check on the camo", referring to the scoutcraft's active camouflage. "Setting it to the horizon toward the south," making it difficult for the American bomber crews to see their vehicle.

They reached an island, and Bockscar met The Great Artiste there. After circling forty minutes, they headed for mainland Japan. "Were they waiting for Big Stink?" Kiridan asked. "We haven't seen that one", said Taki.

When the Americans' bombers arrived, they circled a spot then moved on. Kiridan consulted a map and said "There is a Japanese city there". His and Taki's scoutcraft went to that spot and the two noticed that it was covered by haze.

Kiridan and Taki followed the two bombers to Nagasaki, and Taki said "It looks like one of them dropped something." She looked again. "It's Bockscar."

A few minutes later, the clouds were lit up with a very bright flash, and a few minutes after that, Kiridan and Taki were jolted by some shock waves from the explosion. They soon saw a mushroom cloud rise above the other clouds. "Everything fits," Kiridan said. "It's a nuclear bomb all right. That's what Bockscar was carrying."

Kiridan then noticed where Bockscar and The Great Artiste were now headed. Across the ocean, to Okinawa, a place that the Americans had recently captured. "Doesn't look like they'll be dropping any more bombs."
"Let's look at what this bomb did," said Taki.

They went under the clouds, with Taki setting the camo to look like those clouds. Much of the city was devastated, with lots of fires burning. After taking some video, they decided to return to their mothership.

They went into the upper stratosphere, detoured around southern Japan, then headed northeast over the ocean at hypersonic speed. The sky looked as black as outer space. The two observers took a while to take in the enormity of what they had just seen.
Then Taki said, "I have a very horrible thought. That it's 'curtains, Earthers.'"
"Curtains for them?"
"Yes. That the next big war the Earthers fight will doom them, because they will use lots of nuclear bombs in it."
"Maybe not exterminate them, but from the looks of it, it could set them back some centuries."
"Yeah, destroy their industrialism. They'd have to rebuild a lot of stuff from scratch. If they survive."

Then they talked about the horrors of this war, like the massive bombings that they and other observers had witnessed. "I don't know how the bomber crews can live with themselves," said Taki. "I can understand it if it was hostile military forces, but nonmilitary people?"

Also about how this war was only 30 years after another big war. "We were all surprised at how ferocious that war was," said Kiridan. "The last big war the Europeans fought was a century earlier."
"This war is even worse," said Taki.
"But at least the Germans have surrendered."

That reminded them of an oddity that some observers had seen: the Germans had been launching long-distance rockets to the edge of outer space.
"I haven't seen any out here," said Taki.
"Neither has anyone else," said Kiridan.
"Rather surprising that the Americans haven't built any."

They arrived at the Aurora and then got some much-needed rest, also describing their Nagasaki adventure to their fellow observers. Observers like fellow scoutcraft pilot Orthon, someone who would later become famous for what he tried to do about it.

The Americans continued their massive bombings with ordinary bombs, including an especially big attack four days later. Kiridan said about it "Did the Americans run out of nuclear bombs?"

The next day, Japan surrendered, ending the war. But like Orthon and some other observers, Kiridan and Taki continued to think that if the Earthers fought another big war, they would use more of these bombs. A lot more.
lpetrich is offline   Reply With Quote top bottom
Old 10 Aug 2017, 09:12 AM   #675562 / #1607
Rie

I'm old
but still quite bold
However
my conviction that
I am immortal
has gone.
Just hope that it won't
be with the wind
of a NBM..