Count Me Out
Ebon Musings
Freethinker.co.uk

Go Back   Secular Café > Community Forums > Introductions

Notices

Old 19 Apr 2012, 11:46 AM   #356278 / #1
fleamailman

Default the goblin showed up

"...hi..." said the goblin, wondering if he'd even come to the right place is, his thoughts were more on the coffee machine at this point, but he just continued "...well there's not really much to say about me, married with kids I suppose, that's me then..." and then something crossed his mind "...you see, the trouble in one's introduction is simply, if you don't meet the other person, there's absolutely no way to prove anything anyway since these are just words here, and the reader is blind, I mean anyone of us could be just anything then, who knows I could even be a human for that matter MYAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA, no no just joking, thought it was funny though..."

fleamailman is offline   Reply With Quote top bottom
Old 19 Apr 2012, 12:07 PM   #356281 / #2
Valheru

There is a old battered chest in the corner. Exits lead N, E, S and W.
Valheru is offline   Reply With Quote top bottom
Old 19 Apr 2012, 12:19 PM   #356286 / #3
fleamailman

Quote:
There is a old battered chest in the corner. Exits lead N, E, S and W.
the goblin opened the chest, found the note that read you're going to like it here, folded it and exited by the east door, there seems no going back now, saying "...well there must be a coffee machine somewhere..."

Old 19 Apr 2012, 04:30 PM   #356357 / #4
justme
babble rouser

Sounds like a fellow gamer. Welcome
justme is offline   Reply With Quote top bottom
Old 19 Apr 2012, 04:37 PM   #356360 / #5
fleamailman

"...the pleasure is all mine human..." mentioned the goblin who didn't game much these days, quickly adding "...for I have heard from far and wide that your forum is both friendly and welcoming then, so just think of me as one of you now, as we shall have fun now, for you humans can be very amusing indeed..."

Old 19 Apr 2012, 08:33 PM   #356435 / #6
phands
Long term atheist

.....you are in a maze of twisty little passages, all alike......
Old 19 Apr 2012, 09:30 PM   #356446 / #7
fleamailman

Quote:
.....you are in a maze of twisty little passages, all alike......
whereupon the goblin stopped for moment, saying "...well, if journey's end is the same for us all here, where this posting is like a journey to self perhaps, then surely I must walk across its surface in posts, but that these posts mustn't be just any old posts, no each post must be as me to myself now...", and with that the goblin had started writing in posts, a wandering blogger as it were, just someone who would become known by his posts but remain ever anonymous too, where often his pen felt like a white stick as he tapped the words upon its threads

Old 30 Apr 2012, 01:33 PM   #360087 / #8
fleamailman

"... welcome those who have welcomed me..." said the goblin a little time since first joining this site, and yet the goblin had noticed by now a slight let up in everyones welcoming him here, so the goblin has decided to rewelcome all members who had welcomed him again while suggesting that we could hold a "welcome fleamailman week" with "welcome fleamailman" badges and flags, etc., "...anyway as always I am open to input and debate on this subject afterwards..." ventured the goblin with such magnanimous generosity towards his fellow posters here

Old 04 May 2012, 05:47 PM   #361813 / #9
fleamailman

"...thank you dear humans, but I feel that in the welcome to fleamailman we are missing a certain "je ne sais pas" here, and perhaps such terms like "wonderful" "amazing" "awesome" "stupendous" and "spectacular" might be loosely sprinkled together with other words like "magnificent" "fabulous" "incredible" "brilliant" etc to make a more welcoming welcome here..." he paused adding a proviso saying "...however if you feel that there are too many superlatives at this point, one could, at a pinch, omit one or two of them and still find that the text is little diminished in the truth it so clearly professes..." uttered the goblin humbly enough

Old 09 May 2012, 10:58 PM   #363530 / #10
fleamailman

repost from elsewhere, the "please introduce yourself" section

in fact by now the goblin didn't even know if his libido still worked, saying "...no doubt I'd probably start thinking about the appropriate lines and adjectives at the time, highly likely with all this writing now, transcendental lovemaking, subjective, looking on once more, as in "and how was it for you darling", replying "soft, firm, mechanical, overwhelming, intimate, passionate and somewhat messy too", admittedly not quite what she was expecting to hear then, but her fault for asking...", so, as far as the goblin's lovelife was concerned, all speculations, and those conjectures that go with them, had not been put to test for quite some while now, simply "bets off" seemed easier to live with here, that is while accepting that at his age, like any age for that matter, there were both hardships and compensations, "...welcome to your transcendental "double life" goblin..." went slot's voice in the background again, adding "...please post your "out of self" experiences here, you usually do, don't you now goblin..."

Old 15 May 2012, 06:59 PM   #365171 / #11
fleamailman

repost from elsewhere, a writer's site "introduce yourself" thread

"...hi, actually I'm just your average everyday kind of goblin then, where I don't really cut it as a writer, with no wish to become recognised nor any need to publish where already I have a readership over forums matching a fair sized book by now..." ventured the goblin over his old keyboard once more before breaking off for yet another sip of his coffee, continuing "...no, I only write as a journey to self here, simply as a wish to create an ageless peter pan like persona to counter balances my aging wendy like dailylife now...", at which point the goblin suddenly realised that any anonymous self introduction could simply be boiled down to a rather precise "hello then, I'm here, aren't I", saying "...and since none of any this can be proved anyway, perhaps I am most honest one amongst us, I mean it's a real mask I'm wearing..."

Old 15 Jun 2012, 03:59 AM   #372738 / #12
Bandit

I'm not a gamer, but this thread is awesome!
Bandit is offline   Reply With Quote top bottom
Old 15 Jun 2012, 08:40 AM   #372763 / #13
fleamailman

Quote:
I'm not a gamer, but this thread is awesome!
("...well it's just that I enjoy your company human for the short while that we are here I suppose..." replied the goblin thinking upon it again, adding "...where any encounter with one such as me turns into a game of sorts, as nothing is actually real here, no nothing is provable beyond the fact that there are words upon your screen that you then interpret into that persona of me that you envisage, well I think they call fiction in the bookworld but its more like punch and judy played out on forumland, I'll be on the edit thread here should you care to converse further, I'm very friendly and help you write if you like, what say you human...")

repost from elsewhere

"...welcome to secularcafe forum..." started the goblin feeling that he too really should do more to welcome new member here, adding "...rest assured then, you'll be happy to know that we have some to the greatest minds in all humanity are just ready to answer your questions now, and where not we still have the actual members of the forum instead...", and with the goblin stamped his foot and turned the red carpet green once more before dipping his hand into his pocket to pull out a coffee table with the finest filtered coffee and home made biscuits, handing a cup to bandit, saying "...you'll stay won't you, I mean we do lavish attention upon those whom we interesting..."

Old 15 Jun 2012, 12:01 PM   #372786 / #14
Peanut

Too precious for words. Je ne sais quoi.
Peanut is offline   Reply With Quote top bottom
Old 15 Jun 2012, 02:01 PM   #372801 / #15
fleamailman

and with that the goblin showed, saw Peanut's post and simply replied "...look, not to worry about there being actual writertypes mixed in amongst the more normal posters here, no they mean well I'm sure, just that they needed a home I guess and admin felt sorry for them here...", in fact, the goblin went as far as to align Peanut's misgivings here by pointing out the none of FBI's serial killers profiles ever seemed to picture a writertype amongst their ongoing cases, ah but by now the goblin was standing on ceremony here, so instead he just drew a circle in the air to reveal a green carpet and a coffee table complete with finest filtered coffee and home made cookies too, to which the goblin just handed Peanut a cup, saying "...um, well it's coffee but you'll stay for tea won't you, I mean we do so lavish attention upon those we find interesting on secular cafe, where I'll be in the arts, media & literature section if you should need me..."

xxxx

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Secular Café > Community Forums > Introductions